Its a great song. And i think that this really applicable to so many people's lives..but right now it is very applicable to mine. The Lord has placed in my life...throughout it in fact I just haven't always noticed.....so many people who are amazing and have helped me so much.
It has been a hard beginning of the semester. I've mentioned how I hardly could find time to sit down??? Things got really insane one week and I just felt so overwhelmed. I of course called my rock....my mom. She is so amazing. She has totally gotten down the perfect balance I need of sympathy and "oh that is so terrible" and "ok stop crying how do we fix this". She encouraged me to make some hard decisions and do what needed to be done to fix my situation. I am so grateful that I was given such a wonderful person to take care of me. All the good things about me started with her. I don't know how I got so lucky!
So this same week I went to talk to my bishop (congregation leader/spiritual advisor) to get his help in figuring some things out. I have never in my life had a stronger testimony of the divine calling of bishop. It was unreal how every time I thought something negative, he would immediately refute it. I didn't even have to say it out loud, he just knew. I know he was being directed by the Spirit and I am so grateful to have been placed in this ward. My Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed and made sure that I got it.
After such a hard week, I decided I really needed to go out of town. Though I could have easily taken the bus, my aunt Trish and uncle Micheal allowed me to borrow their car for the weekend. It was such a blessing to have the freedom and flexibility it provided. They always take such good care of me and I am so grateful for a second set of parents here in Utah while I am away from my own.
I also have to be so grateful for my wonderful uncle Rodney and aunt Tiffany and their wonderful children, who welcomed me into their home for a little while and allowed me to escape. Then comes my aunt Wanda and uncle Joe. These two people are possibly the kindest people you will ever meet. They also welcomed me into their home..and not only that but welcomed me into their family. They were having a big family get together for a missionary farewell but still opened their arms and their hearts to me. Their wonderful children made me feel so at home---I just adore them all.
I have already mentioned my mom and now I really have to mention the rest of my amazing family. They are all wonderful amazing and have changed my life, but I really am grateful for my little brother Garrett and sister Hillary today. I got some kinda bummer news today. Not terrible, my life is over news just kinda aww well that sucks news. Anyway, I needed someone to talk to and so I called my baby sister. Who would have thought that a 16 year old would be so wise....haha. She is a lot like my mom, she knew when to stop saying I'm sorry and start telling me it wasn't the end of the world and that I shouldn't be so dramatic. Then my darling little brother, who has become the best big brother a girl could have made sure that I knew if I needed to talk I was more important then the movie he was watching with a bunch of people..and a girl (who knows with him the chick magnet!). I have been so blessed to be the big sister of such amazing kids. I always want to make life easier for them..but more often than not they make it better for me!
I have been blessed also with amazing roommates and friends. They always are there for me and will pick me up whenever I am down. I can't even begin to talk about what they have done. If I tried to describe it..as with most of these people I am currently so grateful for....I would not be able to find adequate words.
People do come into our lives for a reason...
bringing something we must learn and
we are led to those who help us most to grow.
I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.
Whatever way our stories end...
I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.
Whatever way our stories end...
I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you.
ReplyDeleteSee you Sunday!
Bishop Sorensen