Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Invisible......

This post is dedicated to all those on the island of misfit toys...


I hesitate to share a post that is so incredibly personal, but I do in hopes that it gives peace and comfort to some, and motivation to others.....
So this will be a two part series......stay tuned for tomorrow.


When this song first came out, I thought it was cheesy and silly.

But then my life got to a place where it suddenly took on a great deal of meaning.




I don't want this to be a whiny sad, woe-is-me post.

This post is not about me.  Or at least not just about me
Its about anyone who has ever felt left out.
Anyone who has ever felt worthless and not good enough.
Anyone who has ever felt invisible.

I truly believe there is strength in numbers.
There is comfort that comes with shared experience.
You are not the only one.



I've been called abusive, a whore, a self-righteous skank, privileged and spoiled, manipulative, mean.
All by people who supposedly cared.

wishing all it was, was sticks and stones those words cut deep

I've been the only one not invited to parties, game nights, activities or events.
I've had friends walk away from our friendships.
I have been the girl holding up the wall, or sitting in the corner by herself.
I've been cheated on.  I've been used.  I've been treated like I was just a piece of meat.

I've had to fight tooth and nail, use every trick I know to get people (both guys and girls) to notice me, or be my friend.

you've been trying for so long to find out where your place is

You've felt this as well haven't you?  Well....

Trust the one....Who's been where you are

It don't mean you're all alone
And you're not invisible

There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now
Someday you'll look back on all these days
And all this pain is gonna be invisible


I haven't always felt invisible.
Its like a cancer that goes into remission for a while, but pops back up, rearing its ugly head.
Life will seem to be going alright...and then you don't get the invitation all your friends do, or an unkind word is said, or you suddenly feel all alone in a crowded room.

And you begin to wonder... "Is there something wrong with me?"  "Is there a reason they all seem to not like me?"

Its a constant battle.
A battle that, though I want to give up everyday...I refuse to surrender.





you're strong enough to win

If you don't feel it now...I understand.  Its hard to feel the hope when you are in the middle of the muck. 
So if you don't-that is ok.
I don't feel it sometimes either.

Just keep listening to the song.  Listen until you believe it.

You are NOT invisible.  

When the tears don't stop and the loneliness seems to be trying to drown you.

Keep fighting.  Keep being you.
And someday....you won't feel invisible.


If you look past this moment
You'll see you've got a friend
Waving a flag for who you are
And all you're gonna do
Yeah, so here's to you
And here's to anyone who's ever felt invisible

No comments:

Post a Comment