So I have the ability now to talk about the reason I have been sooooo dreadfully bad at blogging lately.
Lots has been changing in my life and things are all finalized so I can talk about it.
I've had some very "Smile Because It Happened" moments lately
As you all know...I'm a nurse who has been working in an adult cardiac progressive unit.
But you all also know that my passion has ALWAYS been pediatrics.
I have always wanted to help little kiddos feel better and help their parents understand and cope with the healthy issues their family is experiencing.
After being at my current job for a little over a year I began the pediatric search. I applied and occasionally interviewed nation wide. But eventually I was lucky enough to apply and interview for a position here in St Louis, at a children's hospital. (There is a VERY VERY long story that I might tell sometime but....)
It felt like the perfect job from the start and my interview went very well. It was a speedy process...set up the interview on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday...AND
WEDNESDAY received an OFFER!!!! (Wish I could have made that more of a surprise.....)
I had pretty much already decided to take it but I took a little time to make sure I looked at all my options.
And the next day I accepted and I met with my current manger and gave her my 2 weeks notice....because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to start at the new job when they needed me to!
I am truly sad to leave my current position. I have a deep love for the heart. I adore and admire all my co-workers. They have trained me and taught me so much. They have made me a better nurse and helped me be a better person. I will hate leaving the comfort of what I know.
But I'm not going to cry about it. I'm just going to be immensely grateful.
I could not have asked for a better first job as a nurse. I'm not even close to the same nurse as I was a little over a year ago...and that is all thanks to the mentoring and training I received.
But as Dr Suess says...
Don't Cry Cause Its Over....Smile Because It Happened.
Yay!! Congrats :)
ReplyDelete