Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week 2...and a little of Week 1 too

So my nursing school adventure has begun.  I'm going to try and be good and keep everyone updated.

So the first week.  HARD and BUSY and CRAZY.
Day 1: OH MY HECK!  The amount of information they bombarded us with was insane.  8 AM to 4 PM full of  talking...and lots of scare tactics.  We get below a 72% on an exam...we get a letter warning us we are on thin ice.  Cause if we get an end grade in a class below 72% we are out!  And I came home totally overwhelmed and totally discouraged.  But I called my mom and a good friend and that perked me up a little.

Day 2: Hard still but a little less overwhelming.  Still trying to get all the bureaucracy out of the way...
immunizations, books, background checks, supplies.  It was all crazy and insane.

Day 3:  Class ALL DAY LONG!  Seriously an all day lecture session is NO FUN!  But it got broken up a little by this little tornado that touched down about 5ish miles south of campus.  Luckily the nursing school has a basement :)

Day 4: Pretty much the same as the day before!

Day 5:  FRIDAY!!!!  so happy it was!  And we spent the last half of the day in lab!  NO LECTURE!  This was the day I no longer HATED nursing school.  Not gonna say I liked it yet...but I didn't hate it!
Plus I got to go home for the weekend.  I know I was only gone for 5 days....but I missed my family like crazy and it was sooooooo good to be back!

Great weekend...then Monday came.....it was a hard day.  Dad, Garrett, and I drove up and got me all moved in and settled.  It was an emotional day, but my dad gave me a blessing at the end that REALLY helped.

WEEK 2
Getting into the groove a little bit.  Still unsure in a lot of ways but getting there.  And I am starting to like it...starting...not there yet...but starting ;)

Day 1:  first test!  YIKES!!!!  I was terrified I would get the dreaded LETTER.  But it was ok....I got a solid B+.  And considering the fact that it was the first test and I didn't study like I should have...I was quite pleased.

Day 2: Lots of class again...but we got to go to the lab again and practice which was lots of fun.

Day 3:  Pretty much just like day 2....I have discovered the middle of the week gets pretty much...well boring haha  This night I spent HOURS studying and I am pretty sure it is possible to die from studying too much....cause I almost did!

Day 4: FRIDAY!!!!!!  I have discovered how awesome Fridays are!  I have always liked them but I have newfound appreciation for them!  Patho test this day and a quiz in Assessment....both went pretty well, especially considering the studying I did.  It was not as effective as it could have been.  But now I know how to study best...so it will be better next time!

WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WAHOOOO
For reals needed it!  I did NOTHING on Friday evening even remotely related to school.  And Saturday I hit the books pretty hard, but still took time to spend a couple hours at the pool :)  It was lovely!

I also got to go to church today in my new ward.  They all seem really kind and were very welcoming. Its not the 92nd ward....but then again...no ward in the church is that good ;)  But I think I will like it and be happy with it.


Adjusting has been hard.  But I am hoping that someday soon it will happen.
Till next week

2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much Stephanie! Glad things are going well but I sure wish you were still here. Good luck with week #3!

    Love ya!

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I'm glad nursing school is busy and hard. I have more faith in nurses now. :D

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete