So week 4 is over.....this week had lots of moments that made life quite great!
Day 1--regular ordinary day. Took a pathophysiology test. I did better on it then the last one, but I still hope to improve for the next test. I have the technique (hundreds of flashcards) down, I just have to give myself just a little more time to be extra thorough. Also we got out of class early :)
Day 2--Normal day had a short break in the middle of the day till it was my turn to be in lab. And then got out early :) Spent a long time studying on campus and then headed up to the institute building. Great lesson that really made me think and kinda reevaluate some patterns and habits I have formed. On my way home I got to have another awesome therapy session with my great "therapist" Andrea ;) Love Tuesdays just cause I get to talk to her :)
Day 3--very ordinary day (wow if my life continues like this....this blog is gonna get SUPER boring!) Got out a little early and went home...and took a nap! Then homework...always homework!
Day 4--another ordinary day...but this day I had LOTS to do! Cause I had to get all my stuff packed for a weekend home!!!!! Also I had to study for a pass/fail medication calculations test and get to bed early because......
Day 5--7 AM class....and I had to look nice! Skirt....plus makeup!!!! I woke up when my clock still said 5...that should be ILLEGAL!!!!!!! But I took the test and passed...we had a little bit of class and then headed over to a restaurant for a lunch put on for us by the alumni association. It was very inspiring actually. I t helped me realize not only how happy I am I chose nursing but also that I chose Mizzou. It has been hard and will still be hard, but I am glad I made the choice I did.
At the end of the lunch, my roommate Jessika and I headed home to St Louis. We passed 5 accidents on the way but made it safe and sound. I was greeted by laughs and dancing to strange "Boom Ba Boombo" at top volume followed soon after by "Turn it down Turn it down!!! Dad is HOME!" haha gotta love the family!
Regular ordinary family life followed. Watched Tron with the kids after dinner...and was confused the whole time. Dear action movies---maybe if you had a little more dialogue I would not have had to make my brother stop the movie every 5 seconds to explain things to me.
Day 6--another ordinary day with the family. Sleeping late and napping. Chatting with my baby girls about everything! LOVE BEING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 7--church at the home ward. Always great! Got a ton of "I thought you were gone" and "What are you doing here" But it was Father's Day and I wanted to see my Daddy! I think it is simply because our home ward is not used to close by college students. The majority go far away and come home for vacations and summer break. But when you only live 1.5 hours away....a weekend home is a definite option :) Drove back up late Sunday night and got ready to start the whole thing over again!
hugs and kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment