Well another week done. At the beginning of the week...it never seems like it is going to end. But time passes....even if it is slow.
I am kind of getting just a little more settled in. I have pretty much got a routine down----mainly consisting of wake up ...go to class....come home...do homework...go to sleep. Boring I know...and prolly doesn't sound much different than my routine from the two previous weeks. But deviations are not as frequent this week as they were in the past.
So lets do the breakdown!
Monday----pretty calm day. Had skills the whole day and a 2.5 hour break in the middle to do homework. Which was VERY nice. We practiced putting on sterile gloves and created a new nursing catch phrase....."Sterile High Five" haha! We also got to insert catheters into the dummies. Its nice to be doing "real" stuff. Part of me wishes I could practice on a real human just because I know it will be harder and more important on a human.....but practicing on dummies is much safer!
Tuesday----took a test which wasn't too bad. Spent more time in the lab and got more time in the middle of the day to study. I also stayed on campus until late to get some studying done and then attended FMRDASE. (Forced Mating Ritual Disguised as Spiritual Enlightenment AKA Institute). It was nice to have a little spiritual boost in the middle of the week and the teacher we have is REALLY great! The class is really small and mostly made up of people far more zealous than I am! I don't really feel super at home...but I know it is important to go, so I will keep going. Cause its the right thing to do. But I am going to try to create a system of refreshments. I mean REALLY...what kind of mating ritual doesn't have a facilitatative mingle moment at the end?
Wednesday---just an ordinary day....nothing to special about it. Had lots of check-offs (doing a procedure for the professor). I think I may have done like 5.....?????
Thursday----took my first nursing research and theory test. It was open book and open note so it wasn't too bad. But we had had check offs all morning too so....it was a LONG day!!!!! We finished the test and thought we might be able to go home...but our professor kept us for another 30ish minutes to lecture for a bit. We were DEAD and it was prolly the most ineffective lecture EVER. That was the latest we had stayed in class for...hmmmm I think all three weeks. We usually get out between 2 and 4 each day....but we were there till almost 5 and it was TERRIBLE!!!
Friday----Love it every week...still a long tiring day that we just were done with by the end. We did a class check off----cause I think our professors didn't want to watch us all do it! We were seriously cheering and doing dances when we finished cause we were soooo done! Also we got a pretty decent storm that night
Saturday----Studied most of the day for my patho test that will be Monday. It was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon! The morning was cloudy and cool. But the afternoon the sun came out and their was an AWESOME breeze. It was prolly only 70ish degrees. I studied by the pool for a bit, but soon lost the sunlight...and therefore the warmth.
Sunday---TODAY! ;) Church of course. We sang my favorite hymn as a closing song Abide With Me, which was very nice. I am getting to meet several super sweet people which is great. We also had a dinner afterward which was lovely and a great chance to get to know people better.
So that has been my week. Eventfully uneventful :)
Hugs and Kisses till next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment