Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What Nurses Think About Medical TV Shows

September LINK UP!!!!!

Yeah for nursing bloggy link-ups!

I adore Anna from "The Days When I'm Not a Nurse"
Frankly I adore all nurses...because they get it.
We live a hard life.  Night Shifts..12 Hour Shifts...Poo Pee and Uh Oh What Exactly is That On My Pants

But I love how Anna makes the most of her days off.
I need to be better about that!

And so...on the days when I am not a nurse....
I usually catch up on my TV shows.
And YES..I am embarrassed to say...I'm a Grey's Junkie.

But ever since nursing school I have resented the show.
And here is why.

1. Really NO hospital in SEATTLE has EVER or will EVER be in a flood...a tropical storm...a boat crash...a shooting...and all the rest of the junk they have had in...what 9 years?  I mean REALLY????????

2. Seriously how do all the most ridiculous crazy unheard of cases all end up in the same hospital?

3. Since when do surgical interns...and residents...and attendings cover all sorts of patients? Where are the internalists...and the hospitalists????

4.YOU DON'T SHOCK ASYSTOLE!!!!!!
Also...V-Fib looks like..

NOT...

(PS...dont shock this one..you'll kill em!)

5. Why does it seem like the nurses in this show are only good as Sloan's booty girls??  We don't have time to hook up with doctors...we are too busy trying to actually SAVE LIVES



But despite it all....I STILL WATCH IT!!!!
It was rough for a couple of seasons..but its gotten good again.  SHOOT  I was so going to drop this one...guess not!



Also..best moment of nursing school??
When one of my classmates answered a complicated question making our professor VERY proud.
This same classmate then leaned over and said "Learned that from House"


check out Anna and all the other link ups!!!!!!




Be Happy Be Healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the last little tidbit about your classmate learning from House! I do believe it made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i completely agree! Despite it's obvious flaws and their obsession with disasters, I still watch it! :) although, i still need to see the premiere from last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing as your classmate. My first ever nursing class, I answered a question (I think it was about Nitro?) & got it right and my professor was so impressed. Totally learned it from E.R.! haha

    ReplyDelete