You heard that new song with Rihanna and Eminem?
I won't post it cause lets be real..that man is an angry and frankly scary man (talented yes...but SCARY!!!)
I really only like the Rihanna ballard part really...first cause the melody is pretty and its fun to sing along with.
But lately I've been obsessed with the lyrics
"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed
Get along with the voices inside my head"
We all have things we are ashamed of. We all have pasts. We all have secrets.
But with many of these secrets and many of these dark moments we have moved on...gotten over them and made them right.
But we never fully get rid of the scars.
And I think too often we wish they were gone.
But I think these scars and these monsters are what help us remember where we have been.
Better to become friends with our past...not to dwell in it but also to allow ourselves to grow from it.
I recently had a chat with an old friend who hasn't had a shiny few months.
The advice I gave him..."well do better".
His guilt was clear. And could easily eat away at him.
But there is only tomorrow....learn from the past, and move onto the present and the future.
More easily said than done but oh well....gotta try anyway right??
Be Happy Be Healthy everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment