Sunday, October 5, 2014

It Can Be Fixed

We live in a world where things can be broken.


Bones and bodies can fail due to circumstance or disease.

Cars and technology can malfunction.

Personal belongings can be gone in seconds.

Natural disasters can come from no where and forever change what was.

And seemingly worst of all....

Relationships can be wounded and damaged.

Ideals and dreams can be crushed and lost.



During a particularly dark and dreary time in my life, I looked to a dear friend for comfort and advice.

Through my tears I told him how broken things had become.  How I didn't know what to do anymore.
I've always considered myself a pretty capable person.  I'm really good at finding solutions to problems.

But the problems I faced didn't have solutions I could see.


I'll never forget what he said...and even more how he said it.

He looked at me...with the most kind eyes.  "I feel impressed to tell you...It can be fixed"


The most broken things can be repaired.


My life is no different than any other.  My sorrows are not unique or special in anyway.

And yet...there is a solution.  A specific, individual solution, just for me.

Every problem that keeps me up at night.
Every sorrow that breaks my heart.
Every hurtful, painful thing that brings tears to my eyes.

They all can be fixed.


A deeply faithful person would say something like "It all will be fixed on the Lord's time table and in the Lord's way"

But I'm not that faithful right now.

And thats ok.  I'll take my mustard seed.  My little glimmer of faith and hope that all that is broken will be mended.

I don't want to worry about the whats or the hows.  Its too exhausting.  And leads me to doubt and question and fear.


When I feel like I'm drowning in the raging waters of this life...I grab on to this one thought...


It can be fixed

And yours can too.




I don't usually include scripture or doctrinal evidence when I write-I prefer to be anecdotal.

But please-if you would like to know what doctrinal basis/knowledge/foundation I have for this faith, the following links may be helpful.


http://www.mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation  
(scroll down to God's Plan-What Jesus Did For Us)





No comments:

Post a Comment