Saturday, October 18, 2014

If I Got a Tattoo..........

I don't plan on getting a tattoo.

I'm terrified of needles (I KNOW I KNOW I'm a nurse....its different when I put them in other people!!)

And there's a few religious hang ups as well.

Plus....I can't even commit to buying a $3 sweater from a thrift store....how can I commit to something that not only costs more....but is INSANELY more permanent.


but if I did...........

I do have a few ideas.


I'll admit that lately I have been more tempted than normal.  Call it my rebellion against the status quo of my life that has become very monotonous.

So I've been considering it.


I've also lately found a lot of phrases lately that I ADORE.

Is it acceptable to adore phrases?  Call me a wordy weirdo if its not!


One I've shared before
"It Can Be Fixed" (thanks Hott Latino)
But can we pause for a moment and contemplate the irony of getting a tattoo with such religious undertones?

Another that I got from the delightful Ashlee of The Moments We Stand (recent OBSESSION!)
"Be Still.  Breathe"
When the world is raging and your mind swirling. When nothing seems to make sense and you feel your heart begin to race and your breath getting ragged....
Be still.  Breathe.

Its all going to be ok....cause it can be fixed.....
(see what I did just there??)



After attending the Ingrid Michaelson concert last week (wait for monday for more on that one!!)
I have also become obsessed with the phrase
"Living like you're dying isn't living at all"

(Afterlife has become my new pump me up song!)

But I don't think that phrase is really tattoo worthy.

"We are, we are, we're gonna be alright. We got, we got, we always got the fight in us"

But OI! that would hurt!  sooooooo long.



But do you really want to know the winner???

across the right side of my ribs.  In swirly but not too swirly type.


Always Keep Chasing The Sun


Are you surprised?

haha  didn't think so.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should try a temporary: http://24hourwristbands.com/shop/custom-tattoos/1.5-x-1.5-custom-tattoos

    Rebel today, conform tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete