Happy Nurses Week everyone!!!
I wasn't sure what I wanted to talk about today...until Anna posted her pay it forward, pay it backward plan!
And it seemed perfect!!!!!!
First to pay it forward-to all my current co-workers who are in their first years of nursing.
We've all gone through a lot the past few months. And I can honestly say there is not a group of nurses that I would want to work with more! And someday we seriously are gonna be that group of crazy smart nurses who can do everything. And the more I work with you ladies-the more I think that someday-is not very far away at all! Thanks for making me laugh, making sure I actually waste that morphine (hahaha....jk), getting me through long shifts, always asking me if I need anything,....and saving my patients with me when they start bleeding out ;)

Second to pay it backward-to my first nursing mentor
I really knew absolutely nothing at that point. But she patiently guided me and helped me figure it out.
On my last day of that practicum I remember telling her I was terrified that someone was about to trust me to be a "real nurse". And then she gave me one of the best compliments ever "You already are a real nurse".
And someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) I hope to be a nurse just like her!
Be Happy Be Healthy everyone!!!!
Love it!
ReplyDelete