Friday, August 9, 2013

UGGGHHH 102.4!

Alright peeps.....

Its official

Being sick  SUCKS

I have a new-found sense of empathy for my patients!

I havent been super sick since....at least high school...possibly middle school since I last had a high fever.


I knew Wednesday night I had a little bug  (99.9 and general malaise) but I went to work and pushed through on tylenol and lots of fluids.
It came and went in waves...sometimes I was fine and good.  Other times my coworkers looked at me and said "GO HOME you look miserable!!"

But I was fine.  I went home with the plan to sleep it off and head back to work for my last shift of the week.
I was fever free at the time and slept pretty good.

But then 11ish hit and suddenly I was tossing and turning.  I couldn't get cool....HOT MESS much?

But I kept sleeping cause I knew I needed it for that night.

(at this point you can tell I'm a nurse with student loans...cause yeah going into work no matter what!)

I finally gave up on the sleeping thing around 3 and went downstairs to get the thermometer.
I could kinda go a little cross-eyed and see the numbers change.  But I thought for sure I say a 2....and I was super annoyed cause the thermometer was CLEARLY broken.
My temperature was NOT 92!

But yeah then it started beeping all agitated like....and 102.4 was the final result.
This led to an "Oh crap"..2 phone calls to my charge nurse and nursing services...a dose of tylenol followed by another EXACTLY 4 hours later...kool-aid...milkshake...a fan AND a blanket..

oh what a mess....and oh so not fun!!!!!


try to not get sick everybody....
it may mean its a perfect time to catch up the blog....but
SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not fun


So stay healthy everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment