Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Because I'm a Nurse


1. I'm addicted to smarties.  Some people drink coffee.  I eat smarties.

2. Every time I meet someone new/shake someone's hand I turn it just a little bit to see how their veins look.  Its worse if you date me cause then I can look at your whole arm with out it being tooooo weird.

3. I eat at 2 AM almost nightly.  Nights on and Nights off work...always get munchy at 2 AM.  And yes I have left my bed for a midnight kitchen raid.

4. Nailing/blowing an IV both makes and RUINS my day

5. I diagnosis myself constantly...I am a self proclaimed hypochondriac

6. I'm a crazy germaphobe.  Like for REALS.  We have these purple wipe things...death wipes I call them.  I do a thorough wipe down at the beginning and end...and sometimes the middle of EVERY shift!

7. Every 3 months I go around with the "Booty Patrol" and examine the backsides of EVERY patient in the hospital.  In the space of roughly 5 hours I usually see...hmmm I'd say at least 75 butts!

8. Very few sights and smells gross me out anymore...unless they are fake. The fake stuff is always worse than the real stuff.  Weird I know!

9. I can identify and locate any beeping on the floor...oral thermometer dying, IV occluded vs complete vs dying, chair and bed alarms, monitor red and yellow alarms, dinamaps dying

10. Some nights are crazy and some nights I feel like a failure...but more often than not...I am able to leave my shift feeling like I might have actually made a difference.


Thanks Anna and Paige for running this one!


Keep Smilin Everybody
Be Happy Be Healthy

2 comments:

  1. My wake up time: anywhere between 2-4am. Like clockwork.
    Last night? turkey sandwich ;)
    and isn't crazy how some nights are flawless then others, charting isn't complete until 4am??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha booty patrol. :) we have those people at my hospital, I'll have to remember that next time they come around! :) I remember the 2am munchies VERY well... so happy to be a day shift nurse again!

    ReplyDelete