Friday, November 5, 2010

Times They Truly Are A-Changin'

So I would like everyone to notice the time of this post....Yes my friends it is before 8 o'clock. IT IS STILL DARK!!!!!!! No one should be awake before the sun..and don't try to tell me that the sun is awake on the east coast...I don't care if it is 9 in New York...it is NOT here :)

Anyone who knows me well...or has ever lived with me...knows that calling me "not a morning person" is the understatement of the century! Up there with Mount Everest only being a hill! Then why you may ask am I up this early? Well to tell you the truth I have actually be up for 2 and a half hours!!!! Yes that is before I got up for seminary most days! 5:00 was the time of the alarm (well actually I apparently never set it for that time like I thought I did last night which provides another point of amazement casue I got up without an alarm!).

But I am not cranky about being awake right now. This morning I rolled out of bed, put on a dress and braided my hair, and was out of the door to my roommates heated seats (BEST INVENTION EVER BY THE WAY!!! that is after indoor plumbing). We drove about 5 minutes to a place of pure peace.

After that drive this is what we saw. I know a lot of people knock on the Provo Temple for being kinda ugly. And I know its not DC or St Louis..or Salt Lake or San Diego, but you have to admit that when it is all lit up at night, it is a really pretty sight.
So I am changing...or evolving not sure which one :). I am up at 5:00 and not cranky about it.
For dinner last night...I had carrotts. I have never really liked carrotts, but a little while ago I had a carrott craving and have them all the time now (granted I cover them with butter and brown sugar which is sooooo G double o D good but totally nulifies any health benefits of eating carrotts).
Also a couple of weeks ago, mac and cheese was on sale for 33 cents a box WHOA! And I bought like 15 boxes! And I am half way done with them! Yes ladies and gents THIS Stephanie now eats mac and cheese. I may have been one of the only children ever to not like mac and cheese growing up. But I didn't. Then I started volunteering. Wednesday nights I am usually there at dinner time. The normal Wednesday meal along with a random fruit and vegetable, Mac n Cheese and Chicken Nuggets. After a few weeks of watching and helping the kids eat but not eating with them built up a serious craving. (I am very prone to cravings....I am like a pregnant women without being pregnant...think what I will be like when I am pregnant!!!!!!!!!) Anyway, one Wednesday my craving hit maximum levels and I stopped at the little grocery store on the corner and bought myself a yummy box of Mac 'n Cheese..and enjoyed EVERY last bite.
Evolving or changing not sure...but its one of the two :)
Favorite moment of sillyness today (one of many I hope)
I dressed up like a goth person for Halloween last weekend and therefore painted my nails black. I totally spaced that they still were as I went to the temple this morning until I was standing about to perform an ordinance (for those not of my faith, we attend the temple to perform important and vital ordinances and ceremonies for ourselves and those who have passed away without being able to do them for themselves..let me know if you have any questions ;) ) The man officiating noticed and mentioned he liked my nails :) (ps this guy was at least 60..the super cute grandpa type). After we finished he shook my hand and thanked me, and then very firmly thanked me again for coming. I think my nails gave this dear old man the idea that I possibly am not super firmly on the straight and narrow...and he was thrilled that I was still attending the temple, despite my likely rebellion. Don't worry! I am strong in my testimony and just like black nails!!!! Gotta love those sweet old people. They are so loving! And funny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment