But I have not felt like my words were adequate.
The depth of the sadness and the grief seems insurmountable.
So this evening I choose to steal the words of others, who are able to say it so much better than me.
The first, a clip from a fictional television show. Though it is not an exact fit...it meets my feelings and expresses them in a way I cannot.
"The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels tonight."
"This is a time for American heroes. They are our...TEACHERS"
"God bless their memories"
The streets of heaven truly are too crowded with angels tonight.
But these sweet and beautiful angels are safe now. They are protected.
And now my only prayer is not for those who have left us. I am sure of their peace and comfort.
My prayer is for those still here.
The mothers and fathers who will have unopened Christmas gifts.
The families who will have one less person at the table.
The children who will have to go through the painful and frightening process of returning to school, with friends and teachers missing.
And so I end with this Christmas carol. And repeat the words of the final verse
Hug those you love extra hard this Christmas season.
And pray for those who cannot.
And as always-Be Happy Be Healthy
No comments:
Post a Comment