This song reminds me of that time.
I've told this story a MILLION times. But I don't think I'll ever stop telling it.
In the summer of 2011, I took a trip. A trip with the coolest kids around. A trip that re-grounded me. A trip never to be forgotten.
It was to Hegben Lake, Montana (PS...if you have never heard of it...hear of it now!!!)
We walked through Yellowstone and jammed with a odd grouchy old mountainman. We played on a swing and spent forever on the boat. We got sunburned on the dock in the afternoon and eaten alive by mosquitos in the evenings. There was some intense table-less ping-pong and deep conversations about the meaning of life..relationships and all their pitfalls..and how to most effectively flirt. And of course....late night Coldplay jam sessions.
I'll spare those involved and only post the Coldplay version...not our version...which I did record (much to many people's dismay!)
Ever had a song that makes you want to cry and grin from ear to ear at the same time??
That is this song for me.
This trip, for me, was more than about what we did . It was more about the love I felt. I had been gone for only a few months, but it had felt like an eternity. But once I returned, it was as if nothing changed and no time had passed.
After months of feeling alone in a new town, I was reminded that there were people out there who loved me for me and missed me when I wasn't around. And let me tell you that is one of the best feelings ever.
So thinking back to those days bring both a smile and a tear. A smile bigger than any other for the fact that it happened. And a tear both of gratitude for its impact on me and of sadness that it is not something that I'll likely have in that exact way again.
Alright...Debbie Downer much!!!????? What happen to the swilly girl?? She got all sorts of serious!
Well to lighten the mood...I will offend all Coldplay fans everywhere.
Don't get me wrong. Chris Martin and Company did a great job....
But the Glee cast (please don't throw sharp objects at me!) taps into the choral potential of such a great song.
So enjoy.....
Be Happy Be Healthy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment