Monday, March 18, 2013

Mature Adult Conversations

Alright-so you might get a little nervous with this title.

Yikes-what is this girl gonna talk about now????


Don't worry-this is going to remain G-rated.


So once upon a time (ok I admit it...once upon several times) I had this guy I kinda liked.  Alright lets be straight up...I really liked him.
And at the same time as I liked him, we developed a friendship.

(note to self-I need to stop developing crushes on my friends-it always ends...well not so well)


And being me-when it seemed like he didn't like me-I applied the good ol' "He's Just Not That Into Me" principle and stopped making any effort in our relationship (term used in general and broad manner).

Then friendships fizzled and sadness and depression ensued ;)

So I tell you all this as a cautionary tale.

Because I have grown a little (and by a little I mean microscopic growth!) since many of those "incidents"
And I have figured out how to do it best....mostly thanks to some great advice from a great friend

The conversation went something like this (minimal artistic license taken at some moments, as we are not always SUPA eloquent when speaking!!!).

"I miss him!  He's totally disappeared, and I miss my friend"
"Have you talked to him about it?"
"I probably should"
"Yes you should-you need to have a mature adult conversation about how you feel and what you need and what you want"


Oh people if only we followed this advice and more conversations like this!!!!!
Wouldn't our lives be much less complicated?????

I know-easier said than done-but try!!!

Put on some new shoes and turn over a new leaf.  Be strong and confident--adult and mature!!!!

Its refreshing-trust me!!!!

Enjoy some chipper music and......

Be Happy Be Healthy!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment