Oxytocin is a hormone our body naturally releases that leads to feelings of contentment and comfort.
Studies have shown that touching stimulates the body to release this hormone.
Even just touching someones hand can trigger the release.
So just think what an actual hug could do????
Just a simple hug can do wonders.
A bit ago I was having a terrible day. Like a really terrible horrible no good very bad day.
We were in serious Alexander mode.
Luckily I was able to see a dear friend. Unluckily at this time this good friend was going through a loss, and was really in need of a hug.
So being a hugger, I pulled her in and held her for a bit.
But I still was so focused on myself. Everyone around me was hounding me-and suddenly I had minor attack and pulled my hood over my face in a stressed/overwhelmed manner.
And suddenly this sweet friend-who was hurting herself-said "Oh Stephanie, it is ok!" and pulled me into a hug. And as we left, she kept hugging me and even allowed me to lean on her as we walked.
It likely looked like I was either incapable of walking myself (either due to emotional distress or drunkenness). And frankly it kind of felt like I couldn't!
But she was there for me. (even though it should have been me there for her!)
And seriously-my day was suddenly better.
Such a simple almost nothing thing-and my day took a 180 degree turn.
And it was perfect.
So hug each other. Cause its not like you can hug yourself!
Be Happy Be Healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment