Monday, June 24, 2013

My Walk in the Rain

I think my favorite Dr Suess quote could be amended slightly....or perhaps given a variation.

"Don't cry cause its happening"

Life happens.  It rains...sometimes a lot.

Usually you are just standing there minding your own business and the clouds roll in.

But sometimes...you see the rain clouds off in the distance and run right towards them.
And then suddenly you are soaking wet and shivering...and wondering how you got into this mess.


But does it really matter?
You are wet now....can't undo it.
So make the most of it. Let it make you better

Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk.  I needed some perspective on some CRAY CRAY stuff that has been happening lately.
And parks/walks are STELLAR for perspective.  (Like seriously...try it sometime!)


But problem was..the minute I left my house...the skies opened up and dropped an ocean of rain.







But all joking aside....it eventually let up a bit and so I went out....sloshed through puddles and got my perspective.


The grass doesn't grow as green without the rain...



This has probably been the rainiest June on record in good ol' StL.
And the grass and trees have never looked greener.
(PS...is there anything better than that rich forest green of trees??)

And the flowers.  The flowers are loving it.




Wildflowers have a rough hand dealt to them.
They grow where ever they can manage to find an open spot of dirt.
No one takes care of them.  They have to take care of themselves.

But they are strong because of it.  They survive the harsh sun...and relish every gust of wind and downpour of rain.

And so its official.  I love wildflowers...and parks..and walks in the rain with polka dot umbrellas :)




(probably should NOT share this photo since the lighting has me looking PRETTY ghostly!  Paste-y much?)


Also...totally in love with this song.  Its like the perfect soundtrack to my walk


Gracie's Theme by Paul Cardall on Grooveshark


also super obsessed with  THIS and THIS right now...more on that later.  But read them while you listen to this song.  It will blow your mind!!!!

(Congrats for finishing this mammoth long post!!!)

Now be happy and be healthy everyone!!!!

1 comment: