Saturday, November 26, 2011

Grant Me the Wisdom

Ever heard the phrase, dog with a bone?
Yeah well, that can sometimes describe me very well.  I get an idea in my head and I don't let go.
Good right? It means I can get things done.... persevere and all that good stuff.
But every virtue can become a vice right???
YEP!!!

Somethings really are hopeless.  (Not EVERYTHING..just some things....don't worry...no need for suicide watch hahaha)
What is that thing they say at AA meetings???

"God grant us the serenity
to accept the things we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,
and wisdom to know the difference."

Sometimes you should hang on tight.  Other times it is best to let things slip through your fingers.
Sometimes you have to let go of the hopeless things.  Give up and move on.
In the long run its probably for the best in fact.  Cause if it is not working out....how is that good?
When things fail they leave the door open for the next great thing.

So I am giving up and letting go of something I have been holding onto for too long.  

But I'll be honest.  Doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  
I may be letting go on the outside.  But inside...I'm still holding on.
If there was a song for today......it would be this one........


No comments:

Post a Comment