I feel like almost everything I ever write about on this blog is subtle differences in language that have MAJOR social implications (ok so maybe major is an exaggeration...)
Anyway today I'd like to discuss the difference between being someone's friend and being in the friend zone.
Now I know a lot of people don't believe in the friend-zone. But I do. I think there gets to be a point were you don't think of someone in a romantic way AT ALL. (Although I will concede that this fact can change, but it takes A LOT of work/events/things etc)
However, you can be someone's friend, and only their friend-without being in the friend zone.
This kind of goes back to a previous post about how men and women can't really be friends
Cause I will be honest and say any friendship between a guy and a girl (that hasn't reached friend zone status) at one point or another one or both has had romantic interest for the other.
BUT just because you like someone doesn't mean you cannot be their friend.
I wish I had some advice to tell whether or not you are a friend or in the friend zone with someone. But unfortunately I'm in a "you can just tell from the signs" place
No comments:
Post a Comment