Today we have a WHOLE playlist!
Allow me to give you some background.
My junior year a gal moved into my complex and we hit it off right away. Me and another friend helped orchestrate her relationship with a nice gentlemen (think surprise party with him as distraction-not earth shattering but HIGHLY effective!)
But because we orchestrated this relationship, she eventually had to sell the contract she bought in our apartment. Leaving a spot...that was filled by her now sister-in-law....aka Meredith (scroll down to the M's)
I could go on and on about how much I love this girl...and how she is my best friend EVER. And how she knows things about me no one else knows. And how we have been through EVERYTHING together. And how we understood each other almost perfectly!
But that doesn't completely relate to this song....
We lived together for only 8 months but it might as well have been a decade! And in that time we had many stressful moments, that often led to long and occasionally tearful conversations.
Now I also should mention we are both "Fixers"
(lets blame her rec therapy career and my almost career in family therapy....)
Anyway we always wanted to fix things....But some things just can't be fixed. So what did we do???
Not sure how it actually started but we started listening to Simple Plan.
Yes ladies and gents judge away...Simple Plan the "rock" band from the early 00s.
Eventually we got to the point where we skipped the talking and simply walked in the room, flopped on the other's bed and said "Simple Plan?" while the other one quickly obliged.
Not quite sure what it is about Simple Plan...but it always perked us up.
I mean who wouldn't feel better after a seriously angsty version of
"I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare"???
Its like when a doctor orders a ton of medication that hurts your kidneys in attempts to jump-start your kidneys.
Angsty depressing music when you are depressed actually ends up being so ridiculous it becomes laughable!
So enjoy..and I promise if you are having a bad day it will get better with this playlist.
Also please please don't judge us!!!!!!!
Be Happy Be Healthy


No comments:
Post a Comment