Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some Nights

Ok so heres the dealio.

Sometimes I really HATE work.  Usually I still love my job though.
Nursing is great, being a nurse sometimes not so much!

I love caring for my patients, but hate the craziness of being understaffed and the floor being full of patients who are not medically appropriate for our area.

In the words of a co-worker "We are too young and too new to already hate coming to work".

And she is right.  BUT...at the same time, I can't dread going into work.  And I certainly won't be a very good nurse if I have a super bad attitude.


Now I have never been one who is in the Field of Dreams camp.You know-the "If you build it they will come" camp.

Saying over and over "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job" will not make me love my job.
But it might make it so that I don't hate my job.

The power of positive thinking can make things better.  Doesn't fix.  But it does improve.



And SOOOOO.  We are going  to focus on the good parts of my job.  And try to not dwell on rough parts.

It'll take a little bit of work.  Positive thinking always does.

So for now....while I make mental and actual lists....
Lets listen to my current theme song.
Wahoo night shift.
Wahoo being at a time in life where you have NO IDEA what the next day will bring





(yes its glee...sorry fun. but choral will always beat auto-tuning!)



Be Happy Be Healthy 

And Make a Positives List!

No comments:

Post a Comment