Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Focusing is Hard

So I have a huge test on Friday.  And I am giving myself 15 minutes to write this post, because I keep thinking about it while I am trying to focus on the signs and symptoms of stroke...and what to do for patients with fractures....and how ventilators work.  And I need to get it written so that I can focus again.

Its been hard to focus all DAY!!!  I have a million other things on my mind.  At other times in my life I would say that I'd rather think about anything but my school work.  But right now...all I want to think about is school...cause its so much easier than all the other things going on.

The other night I couldn't sleep.  I was restless and anxious and agitated.  I kept trying to distract myself with something else...and everything I kept thinking about just got me more agitated.

I think life goes through phases.  And I am currently in an agitated one.  Lets hope it ends soon and the next phase is a calm and peaceful one (doubtful....but a girl can dream right?)


I'm sure a bunch of you are wondering what I am so agitated about.  Its really not important.  Point is...it is very distracting.  And it certainly didn't help that the Notebook was on TV while I was making dinner (pancakes and eggs...gotta LOVE breakfast for dinner!!)

Its hard to focus when you realize some screenwriter somewhere stole your lines......

"Couldn't sleep last night because I know it is over between us.  I'm not bitter anymore because I know what we had was real.  And if in some distant place in the future, we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy, and remember....."






2 comments:

  1. I would like it noted that the four possible reactions are not sufficiently broad in their scope. I was forced to settle for WOW! because it was closest to my reaction, not because that's how the post actually made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try listening to some MoTab or reading scriptures... that usually helps me when I'm feeling agitated. Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete