Monday, October 1, 2012

My Love for a Book..And Why This is Terrible

So yesterday I read this book.  And now everything is dreadful.

A month or so ago, I saw that an old aquaintence had read and enjoyed it.
And then a few weeks later it showed up on a list of books for a blog book club I'm in.

So I thought I would give it a shot. And I checked my local public library.

The title?
Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance
(Julianne Donaldson)

I was not sure that I would enjoy it.
I mean lets think about who we are talking about here.

A girl who is generally found making fun of cheesy romantic things
And more often than not is going "bleh bleh bleh" (think over-exaggerated, but not gross/obscene, puking noises) during especially romantic moments in movies...books...TV shows....heck even real life!

And then I saw an ad for the same book in a Deseret Book catalog (church book store).
And I thought 'Aw great a churchy book"

So after 2 renewals and not reading it.  I finally gave it a shot.

And OH GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE...READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished it in a 24 hour period.  It kept me up till midnight the night before a 12.
It made me late for church cause I wasn't watching the clock.

It made me laugh.  It made me cry.  It kept me guessing.
But worst of all it occasionally gave me that stupid girly giggly feeling.....

you know the one....when you can't stop smiling and you get butterflies in your stomach and you feel like you have to move or you will burst so you kind of wiggle/squirm in your chair
UGH!!!!!
Plus....I was disturbingly jealous of the main character.
Its hard to explain...cause lets be honest...I'm am thoroughly upset that I had such a reaction!


Does this mean that I am not completely bitter and jaded to the core????


Ready to Love Again by Lady Antebellum(懷舊女郎) on Grooveshark


BLEH BLEH BLEH
Yeah....nope still jaded and bitter.........

but maybe not to the core ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment