Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Quick One

I want to get a blog in today.

Work is nutty, so I want to at least say hi....and also say that interesting posts are in the works for this next week.
They are marinating in my head and getting JUICY!



But for now...let me just say.....

I love my job.  I really do.
And I will keep telling myself that though I want to sometimes pull every hair out of my head.

We are at kind of a low census time (every floor/hospital goes through these cycles...and there is NO predicting!).
Unfortunately this means we take patients who are less appropriate for a cardiac/telemetry floor.
One nurse called them "train wrecks".  I prefer the term "hot mess"

Only 2 of my 5 patients last night even had heart issues.  And it was super disastrous!!!!

But I love my job.  And in a month and a half or so (JAN SECOND!!!)  I will be free!
I will still be the new kid, but I will be on my own.
I will not be juggling day classes and night shifts on the floor.
And I will set my own schedule "mostly"

No comments:

Post a Comment