Monday, November 12, 2012

TWATTSG: Confused vs Being Confusing

Let me lay out a story first for us.

Once upon a time there was this girl (aka ME).  And there was this boy (duh!  don't all my stories go like this?)
The boy and girl had never really had an opportunity to really do anything...but they were friends and in the back of the girls mind she kind of wondered, but never did anything.
Then one day after several months of not seeing the boy and several weeks of not even talking to him, he suddenly contacts her.  And suddenly they are meeting up for lunch.
She walks in and he immediately gives her a HUGE hug.  Not only was it big...it was tight....and lasted longer than was likely proper.  But she blew it off as him just being happy to see her after such a long time.  But then this lunch turned into a very date like lunch.  Goofy light-hearted flirting, compliments, he paid.......
And then the end of the "date" he suddenly reveals he has a girlfriend.


Now we all know that I am a serious subscriber to the "he's just not that into you" philosophy.

The whole first part of the story makes you think...hmmmm...maybe he's into you.  Unlikely, but the clues are piling up.
And then all the clues come crashing down.

I am not confused.  I think the situation is QUITE clear!

But can I just say....HE is BEING confusing!!!!!

I think its an important distinction to make.  Some judge us girls when we talk about guys being confusing.
Just because they are being confusing doesn't mean we are confused.

I am not confused...but I am annoyed that he is being confusing.....

Off soap box and rant over

No comments:

Post a Comment