Thursday, November 15, 2012

TWATTSG:The Word Date

You know those meme things???


Here's one

When the word date is said.......

What a girl pictures


What a guy pictures


May I please ask a serious question??

Why does the word DATE scare guys so much???

I have found that most guys have no problem spending time with girls, talking to girls or anything of the like.

And these same guys have no problem asking a girl to "Hang Out".......................
which in the immortal words of Brittney and Nicole is code for "Lets watch a movie and make out after"

Now come on gentleman.  Is dinner or yogurt or the Mormon version of drinks or coffee all that scary??

You are totally not terrified of the NCMO (which is a pretty big gamble if you don't know the clingy level of the girl you are slobbering on) but a simple two hours of polite small talk is terrifying????

I understand that rejection is scary and that putting yourself out there is scary.
But that is not what I am speaking of.
I am speaking of the fear you all seem to have of the word!

But can I ask you to please for the LOVE

GET OVER IT!


The word DATE is actually a GREAT word.

Ladies...have you ever been on what you thought was a date...but the guy you were with didn't?
And conversely have you ever hung out with a guy who thought you were on a date?

CONFUSION right???

The WORD date gives clarity.
It shows a girl that the gentleman is interested in getting to know her better

(NOTE: it DOES NOT mean marriage!!!!!  Guys AND girls are both culprits of this erroneous-ness!)


If used....a date can help avoid the dreaded DTR.....but more on that later!

For now....gentleman...FOR THE LOVE OF PETE...
please use the word date.....I promise it will not lead to this.....




1 comment:

  1. I think I have to put in a little defense for the boys (gentlemen, please correct me if necessary). I think sometimes we (meaning ladies) are the reason boys DON'T ask girls on dates. Sometimes, I think we are a little overly picky and think "there's no way I'm going to marry this guy, so I CAN'T go on a date with him." Then what do we do, we give the lame excuse, constantly put off, avoid, or just say no. I'm not saying that we need to go on every single date, but I think if we'd do more accepting, there might be more asking..just a thought.

    ReplyDelete