I have become a lady of the night!
But instead of thigh-high boots...I wear Danskos
And instead of a skanky outfit....scrubs and a jacket (it gets cold late at night!)
Also I trade in big hair for a pony-tail and lots of cake make-up for well...none.
I do give out drugs though!
But usually they are of the lowering blood pressure and cholesterol kind.....not ones that will give you too much of a trip.
BUT BUT sometimes I do give out morphine!
Last night I went to bed when it was dark out. It felt weird.
I have gotten really good at doing things with the lights off.
I can start IV fluids or antibiotics without a light at all!
Its not too bad. Its a different set of problems than during the day.
Day time is busy with appointments and procedures and at least 3 med passes.
Nights have 2 maybe and not too many appointments.
But if something goes wrong....it goes very wrong and there aren't a whole lot of people around to help you out!
Its a hurry up and wait sort of deal. You rush rush rush rush trying to get everything done.
And then you sit for hours.
And then go crazy again!
Keeps you on your toes that is for sure!!!
And now I sleep like this......
Its great stuff
No comments:
Post a Comment