This one is just a short one.
If you are ever in the hospital-be nice to your nurse.
Not everyone will be.
We get yelled at and cursed at
We get insulted...and occasionally assaulted.
But we still smile. We still ask if there is anything we can get for you.
We still try to relieve discomfort and pain.
And you better believe if you code-we will put our whole selves into saving your life.
And though we don't like it-we still will be nurses.
Want to know why?
Because some people are very nice to us.
Some people are truly grateful.
And that keeps us going.
It balances out the bad.
Last night I got the biggest compliment I have ever received from a patient.
And after several really bad shifts in a row-she helped me remember why I wanted to be a nurse in the first place. Cause I was beginning to wonder.
So please--compliment your nurse......or anyone else who does something for you.
Because you never know what kind of crisis a person might be in. And how much they might need to be reminded of their worth.
Never Suppress a Generous Thought
~Bonnie D Parkin
Be Happy Be Healthy
No comments:
Post a Comment