I know I had a lot of look in readers (Little Sister has lots of friends-Miss Popular!)
Hope some of you have stuck around. We have fun around here in the Swilly World and we always love new friends.
Just make sure you follow

(please excuse bed-head hair and lack of makeup....its my day off and I am NOT getting ready if I don't have to!!!)
Yesterday Little Sister mentioned the Ward Menu.
Allow me to elaborate.
The Ward Menu---aka the Ward Directory---aka a list of people, their addresses and phone numbers (with pictures sometimes) who are in your local congregation.
Very helpful no??
Yes...but it also can present several pitfalls.
So I would like to present a few rules....or perhaps I should call them guidelines...cause rules are meant to be broken.
I simply present these as suggestions to assist as you attempt to avoid AUEs.
There are only three...and they all are kinda common sense.
1. Ladies DON'T use the directory phone numbers to call up/text guys unless it is for your calling. Apparently this can be seen as creepy. And though an alarming amount of guys seem to be saying they like forward (aka creepy) girls. They are the minority and/or are lying.
2. Gentleman DON'T use the directory phone numbers to call up/text a girl unless it is for your calling. Not because it is weird. But because you should put on your big boy pants and ask the girl for her darned number!!!! (I do not at all feel strongly about this one).
You can break this one guys....but it you better have a good excuse. Like you are a mute and can't ask girls for their numbers. Or you were maimed the last time you saw her and now are in the hospital and she can't come visit unless you call her...with a number you got from the directory.
3. Don't mark up your paper copy with color coding, symbols or dog ears with your roommates. Drawing hearts on your favorites, or putting different marks on each based on which roomie is interested/gets dibs, or worst of all color coding by hotness...just leads to bad things when the guys come over..and then ask to borrow your copy. Or worse...happen to see it sitting on the table and flip through your obviously worn copy
The Ward Directory can be an excellent tool.
If used appropriately.
OR inappropriately in complete secret ;)
BE HAPPY BE HEALTHY!!!!!
I just hope #3 doesn't come from a real life experience....
ReplyDelete