February 14th.....
Its certainly not my favorite day of the year.
But nay-sayers....it is not because I am single and "alone".
Its cause too many people take it to the extremes.
The bitters get all uptight and twisted into knots about "Singles Awareness Day"
They have "Anti-Valentines Day" parties and get all sorts of cranky.
Then there are the gushies. The ones who are only making a big deal of this day because of the pressure involved, whether from society or their sig-o. This is the many public declarations, obscenely excessive gifts, and enough cheese to supply an entire third world country with grilled cheese for the rest of their lives!!!!!!!!!!
Which leaves me in a group I like to call the "disillusioned"
The group that feels like we should celebrate with the ones we love on any day...not just a day when society pressures us to.
Thats us. We are a cool group....and you are welcome to join. We have jackets :)
So that is my problem with this holiday.
(also...flowers die and chocolate makes you sick...who decided these symbolized love?????)
But here is why I LIKE this holiday.
There is an inherent humor in it! The amount of puns and jokes that can be made alone could make someone love such a silly day!
So to cheer up any of the bitters who might be reading...or to perk up the disillusioned who are just annoyed today :)
Come on...you know you are smiling :)
Happy Valentines Day Blogger Friends!
I truly do love you!!!!
Be Happy and Be Healthy!!!!!!!
I'm kind of dying over that Nemo one.
ReplyDelete