Monday, February 6, 2012

Musical Mondays---Today's Girl Power Playlist

Last night I was told that Feminism is terrible to the point of sinful!
This gentlemen of course tried to redeem himself by saying that women should be held even higher then men.

Also apparently women should be MORE celebrated when they are in the home caring for their family.
Ever met this women?

Her name is Barbara Thompson and after my mom..she is my hero.  She is in the General Relief Society presidency.  And she is SUPER SUPER funny.  And amazing.  And.....SINGLE!
She has not had an opportunity to have a husband or children.  Should she be celebrated less?  She has made a great impact on the people in her life and in her sphere of influence.

We as women have MANY talents.  Those include our talents in homemaking AS WELL AS in general society.  And we should be celebrated for EVERYTHING that we do..equally.

Also since I am ranting.  My brand of righteous feminism is NOT guy bashing.
I mean I get annoyed with the guys as much as the next girl.  And I jokingly assume a confusing or poorly planned/organized building/activity/situation was the product of a MAN.

But lets be honest.  When you are having a really bad day...who do you want a hug from?  Who do you call when you need a blessing?  Yeah they drive us crazy.  But we can't really do it without them.
Do you really want to live in a world where we have to pay for dates????
Or one where, though we can do it just fine, we have to carry our own shoe-filled boxes when we move???


So in summary......Equal does not mean the same....but it does mean EQUAL.

so in honor of this rant....here is a playlist for your enjoyment!


No comments:

Post a Comment