Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Pathway to Success

159 days.

That is when I need to be ready to take a test.  The test that will determine my life.  Determine whether or not I get my RN.  I'll get a BSN (assuming I pass all the tests between now and then).  But an RN is necessary for a job.

And so...I must take the NCLEX.  And I must pass the NCLEX

To do this....I must have a strong and positive attitude.

I have to sit or lie in a comfortable postition, close my eyes, relax, inhale deeply, hold my breath while I count to 4, exhale slowly, and again relax.  This needs to be done until I feel relaxed, free from anxiety, and in control of my destiny.  I must allow my mind to be cleared of chatter...so that I can see with my mind's eye for miles.  

This is step one.  The foundation of my pyramid.

Step two must be a structured study plan. My plan for preparation :D

And so.  I bought a book.  And I set aside 2 hours on Tuesday afternoon/evenings and at least 2 hours on Saturdays.  And I study.  I treat it like a class.  Phone off.  Computer off.  TV off.  
Water and small muchie snacks nearby.  Stress ball (not for stress...just to occupy my hands while I read) and chewing gum (for my mouth to be occupied so I don't eat too many snacks)

The final step is to have control of my destiny.  To have the self-discipline to keep with my plan of preparation.
Others...friends and family...may choose to not participate in my plan for success.  
This will be difficult.  But I must make the hard decisions, and keep my goals in mind.

I have asked myself the question..."Is this on my pathway to success?"
I have had to say to myself..."Nope it is not part of my plan for success."
And I have to be alright with leaving behind those who do not want to be a part of my plan for success.



Thank goodness I bought this book.  If I didn't I wouldn't know how to negotiate my pathway!
I wouldn't have a pyramid!  I wouldn't have a plan!  I wouldn't be in control of my destiny!

I would be lost ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment