Well actually 2......... (prepare for long post!)
A few close friends and family members are already aware of some new developments in my life.
I have been keeping a few things a little quiet because I wasn't sure if it was quite the right time to share with all the world!
Plus I wanted to tell the close ones before I announced it to the whole wide Bloggy World! (And to the look in FB readers who saw the link on my status!)
There were a number of irons in the fire and I didn't want to speak before they were all out and everything was sure and settled.
Have I driven you crazy yet with all the build up?
Are you shouting "SPIT IT OUT WOMEN!" yet???
Alright....
First.....
I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dreaded test that could potentially dramatically and irreversibly change my life path is over!
The 48 hours between question 75 (the earliest the computerized test could shut off) and now have been truly horrendous.
I left the test completely un-confident (that is an understatement....there are no words to describe the lack of confidence I had!)
I have been tense and freaking ever since. Crying constantly, hardly eating, hardly sleeping.
It was pathetic and pitiful.
But luckily it was all for nothing!
Cause I passed :)
So because of this.....a second announcement.
Remember a while back when I mentioned that job in Alaska???
well...............
I'm not gonna take it......BECAUSE................
I would like to announce that I have accepted a position as a Clinical Staff Nurse at a hospital in my hometown of St Louis.
It is a full-time nights position (aka three 12 hr shifts) on a Cardiac Step Down floor.
I'm very pleased with the position and the opportunities it is going to give me.
St Louis is an EXTREMELY active medical community, so I will have lots of advancement opportunities.
I love Cardiology and am already a little familiar with it from my supa great senior practicum so that is wonderful.
It also is a great springboard for my future career (hopefully in pediatrics....dream being a peds cardiac floor!)
The floor has a great flow, the hospital is very well recommended, and the manager is really really stellar.
Its close to home and will be a great chance to get my feet on the ground in the "Big Girl" world.
It will also mean diving back into the St Louis social scene, which I have not been a part of since high school.
This could get interesting......
Hold onto your hats readers...cause this Swilly World is about to get even Swilly-er
(wow...I am totally butchering the English language!)
Be Happy...Be Healthy
Congrats on your choices. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, Stephanie! I'm so glad you passed your exam. And you have a legit job! So great. I'm absolutely positive that all will go well for you. You will be amazing. Miss ya!
ReplyDeletecongrats on passing the NCLEX and getting a job!! Two very exciting things after nursing school =)
ReplyDeleteSteph, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Isn't that SUCH a burden off your shoulders? And you NEVER EVER have to go through that again! :D well, unless you go off to NP school, but that's different. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! YOU PASSED! and Congrats on the new job! Sounds like an excellent place to start getting experience (cardiac is awesome, I bet you'll love it). Hoo-ray!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you!
ReplyDelete