Monday, September 3, 2012

Dating....its all About MATH

My time in life is a funny one.  Full of SWILLYNESS for sure!

My opinion of dating is that it is:
Generally frustrating and awkward
Often utterly RIDICULOUS
And almost always POSITIVELY HYSTERICAL!!!!

And therefore...Extremely fun to blog about!

I have recently discovered a few soul sister blogs (Kellie and Nicole/Brittney) that agree with me on this fact....
So I'm thinking I'll resurrect some old experiences and dust off some old theories...cause what else do I have to write about hahaha



One day I was flipping channels to watch reruns of my beloved Friends on some no-name syndication channel. I was devastated to find out that the times had changed and now that show with the mother on it was on instead.  I never watch the show but I just happened to catch THIS...

(Funny side note story...I found this picture by searching "graph mother tv")


After curiously listening to the explanation of this graph and then turning it off, (because I really only wanted to watch Friends), I began to think.

The same is true for guys a little bit.  
If THIS guy calls me every day and always ropes me into seemingly never ending conversations every Sunday after church....
I don't mind.

But if THIS guy does the same thing.
He is labelled as creepy and annoying.

More Attractive=Less likely to be creepy 
(as with everything...exceptions DO exist)

And I feel SUPER bad about this double standard.  But lets be honest ladies....its moderately true.

BUT....there is hope!!!!  Cause lets be honest.  Not all of us are Ryan Goslings....


Dustin (See HERE) suggested this equation...

1/(Attractiveness X Social Skills) = Perceived Creepability

So those of us who are not blessed with attractiveness need to brush up on our social skills!
I also think you could throw in "Recommending Qualities" to this equation.

Its all about math!   (hmmm do my terrible math skills correlate with my current single status haha)

I wonder what other theories I could put together with math hmmm
Perhaps more posts to come.
Cause dating....its all Swillyness...and that is what I am ALL ABOUT!


Be Happy...Be Healthy 

2 comments:

  1. haha Love it! Soul sisters indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really try How I Met Your Mother....I enjoy it and the Neil Patrick Harris character often has theories...if you can get past how dirty they are sometimes.

    ReplyDelete