Because of what day it is...I feel like it is even more important to be funny.
Please don't misunderstand me. I don't want to lessen the weight of this day. The weight of the lives lost 11 years ago today. The weight of the pain still felt by those who wake up everyday effected by that tragic morning.
But I don't want to let "them" win. I want the lives lost to mean something. I want the sacrifices of the men and women who were thrust into the deathly tendrils of war to mean something.
It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a great show in response to terrorism.
"Learn things. Be good to each other. Read the newspapers, go the movies, go to a party. Read a book. In the meantime, remember pluralism. You want to get these people? I mean, you really want to reach in and kill them where they live? Keep accepting more than one idea. Makes 'em absolutely crazy."
In short, the best way to beat "them"? The best way to make the lives lost that day and ever since mean something?
Be Americans. Accept people. Use our liberty and freedom. Live up to our privilege. Appreciate what we have and the opportunities we have been given.
Listen to music from Glee...and then Joshua Radin.....and then Metallica. Watch the news...and then a silly stupid sitcom....and then a crime drama. Go for a run....eat a pizza....go get a cup of hot chocolate (or coffee if that is your persuasion). Run errands to the grocery store, the bank and the doctor's office. Call a friend, text your sister, email someone you haven't talked to in months. Tweet, Facebook and Pin.
LIVE everyone LIVE. Because you CAN! Others can't. And even if they can...they can't live the life you can.
That being said. I don't have anything funny to say really. Its not a particularly pithy day for me haha
So please, find something funny. Find something entertaining. Enjoy yourself today.
Because you are American. And you are alive.
Be Happy...Be Healthy
Be Happy...Be Healthy
No comments:
Post a Comment