STUDY BREAK!!!!
I'm gonna tell you a little story. Its about me and a guy (duh..what else do I talk about?)
I really liked this guy. And I really thought he liked me. But then he disappeared. Quite literally into thin air. And it messed me up a little bit...I won't lie.
People often forget about me like that. So you would think I would be used to it or something. But nope....not this time. this time I was crushed.
I hoped beyond all hopes that I would see him sometime. That we would run into each other on accident. I made sure I always looked nice....just in case. But it was all for nothing.
He had forgotten about me. Forgotten what we had.
But the problem was....I didn't. I remembered everything. And my heart was just a little bit broken. And it stayed broken...for longer than really was likely acceptable for the situation.
So why am I talking about this now. Who the heck knows. I guess it is just on my mind. Forgetting I mean.
I'm trying to decide if it is a virtue or a vice...this remembering. Obviously in this case...it was real to me. So its good that I can't forget about it. But then again. I can't let go. The fish is dead...not even flopping on the table anymore. Its dead...dead dead dead. (know....nasty image) But I still sit there staring at it. I should just flush it down the toilet right? (ok seriously this metaphor is not only not particularly elegant...but also not very illustrative. But I only have so long of a study break..so it will have to do.)
Anyway. I can't forget. I wish I was more like the people who can. They are living their happy hum-drum lives in perfect ignorant bliss...and here I am lying awake at night...having trouble focusing.
So lets switch please....you need to not forget
And I need to.....
ok....so don't judge me....but this song really says it pretty well. And yes it is Demi Lovato....and yes I am 23 years old...but deal with it. I have to keep up with the young things....so I can relate to my patients....
"Dead. Dead dead dead." Reminds me of Anastasia... ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso, if my status inspired this particular blog post, I'm sorry. =P Because it sounds like this wasn't particularly pleasant, this remembering.
The pain you're passing through is a positive thing. It sucks, but it's a hurtful symptoms of a good thing. Only those who can really be hurt can also truly love.
ReplyDelete"I have to keep up with the young things....so I can relate to my patients...." sure Steph whatever you say hahahaha ;)
ReplyDeletedont worry Tamara....yours is coming....I just want lots of time to organize my thoughts :)
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm one of the young things cause I really like this song... :)
ReplyDelete