Thursday, December 29, 2011

I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRINKS ALL AROUND!!!!!

So...this morning I woke up and got on my Dashboard to see what all my blogosphere friends posted while I slumbered haha....
And I got on Elise's (yes she is prolly right now my number one blog obsession at this moment).  She went to a wedding...caught the bouquet...and fell in love with the videographer.  And now...I have too!

seriously watch this!

Jordan {+} Ansley // Salt Lake Temple Highlights from Chris McClain Productions on Vimeo.

AND THIS!!!

Ansley {+} Jordan // MillCreek Inn // Reception Highlights from Chris McClain Productions on Vimeo.

And so dear Chris McClain...thank you for entertaining me this morning as I have now watched all your Vimeo videos!
Also...be prepared to get a call from me in a few years when my dating luck magically changes and I need to HIRE YOU!!!!!


I love weddings.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  I'm like that girl from 27 Dresses who reads the wedding articles.  I look at wedding pictures.  And watch wedding videos....of total strangers.  Yes I am a COMPLETE loser/creeper/stalker.
This I know :)

Don't tell my future husband (whomever he may be) but I have our whole wedding planned.  I will CONSIDER his wishes...but prolly ignore them ;)

I have thought this through VERY VERY carefully!  So here is a list....what will be at my wedding and what WON'T.

WARNING WARNING!!!  Its long...sorry!

WON'T HAVE
(disclaimer....I don't diss any of these things if they were at your wedding....they were likely VERY lovely for you...but I can't pull them off!  I'm not cool enough!!!)

1. Organized dancing...the cha cha slide that never ends...the awkwardly uncomfortable conga line....the dorky chicken dance.  sorry...no go!

2. CAKE SHOVING!!!!  Heck if I can get away with it no cake FEEDING.  So lame.  And messy.  If it MUST be done.  Very neatly and very calmly

3. The kissing picture where everyone cheers.  Its just looks silly.  I'm pretty sure MY specific grandparents AND parents won't really be excited to the point of cheering at the prospect of their little girl kissing a boy :)

4. A never ending reception line.  We will come to you...or you can come to us.  But we will be floating (unfortunately I might have to give in on this one...but there will be a TIME LIMIT...that will be FIRM!)

5. Food that I don't like...like those nasty cream puff things.  NO THANK YOU! Also food I don't get to eat.  ALSO NOT OK!!!

6. It will not be in a Cultural Hall.  I am simply not talented to make it not look like a cultural hall.

7. Picture collage invitations.  I want one picture and an invitation.  Sorry family...you will have to stuff  envelopes :)

8. The groom in a light grey or brown suit.  I'm just not hip enough to pull that off  :( ...We are going to need black or dark grey

9. EXTREMES in weather...no cold...no hot......no wind....no RAIN!  (too bad I can't completely control this one)

10. Chocolate fountains.  They are lovely...but a PAIN IN THE BUTT!  Pain to start...pain to maintain...pain to clean.  And often make a HUGE HUGE mess.  You're welcome nice Relief Society sisters who will be in charge of food


WILL HAVE
1. Lots of time.  No RUSHING from place to place!!!!  I'm thinking a Friday afternoon ceremony...Pictures....Friday night dinner....Saturday morning pictures???....Saturday early evening reception  But if it happens all in one day....Lots of time in between!!!!

2.  Cupcakes instead of cake (no forks/cutting required...plus they are cute!)

3. A theme...still to be determined....this one I will have to decide on based on the time/season/groom/location...right now I am thinking something involving LACE and vintage-ness

4.  THIS DRESS!!!!!!
I don't mean to sound prideful....but I have tried this dress on before...and I look better in it then the model :)

This is it in white....not as good as the ivory in my sinful opinion :)
BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. THIS photographer for engagements......maybe for the temple.....we shall see http://taraphotographics.blogspot.com/

6. CHRIS MCCLAIN THE VIDEOGRAPHER...of course :)

7. Pictures that aren't a ton of people standing in a line.  Depth and dimension!!!

8. Ties that are not solid colors or even necessarily matching...groomsmen will all match.  Fathers will be similar.....Groom will be all on his own

9. My two little sisters and any younger sisters he has in the same dresses...knee length and pretty....not too formal that they cant wear them to church.  Any older sisters potentially wearing something different so that they look their age.....

10. Any friends who can come....same tops...and just a certain color skirt.  So they match but aren't matchy matchy...I'm kinda tempted to not have any one the same....like this one...tempted
LOVE LOVE Sierra's pics...her style and charm are delightful :) love ya sweetie!

11. A shorten father daughter dance.  Its weird when they are out there for 3 whole minutes.  I'll shorten the song :)

12. Colored shoes under my dress...yes fo sho....also fo sho taking them off at the reception

13. DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!  There will be LOTS OF IT! I will be...you will be....it will be EPIC PS there will be at least one song by the BACKSTREET BOYS...don't judge ;)

14. Instead of flower petals....rice...bird seed...bubbles...sparklers.....how about colored flashlights....it will be like leaving a rave ;)

15. A Yummy treat...with our name ALL OVER it for the car ride home....something that matches the theme

16. This hair style!

17. Pearls....not bling

18. One of these temples:
    

19. FUN....I don't want a boring stuffy wedding that I can't wait to leave :)

20. Natural smiles and happiness.  This is the most important.  I don't really care what happens...just as long as my family and my future family are all THRILLED and LOOK IT in the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment