Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dear 4East

You know the song by the Rolling Stones?
"You can't always get what you want"

Don't take offense-but I did not want to be placed with you for my practicum (final semester nursing internship).
You are adult med/surg floor.  You specialize in hearts (my least favorite body system).  You take a lot of detox patients, and lots of dialysis patients (UGH!).

But do yo know what the next line in the song is?
"But if you try sometimes, you just might find....you get what you need"

You have given me an opportunity to practice my skills in a nurturing atmosphere.
You have given me an AMAZING mentor who wants to challenge me and turn me into the best nurse I can be.
You have given me the opportunity to increase my knowledge and skills in regards to the heart and renal systems.
You have given me the chance to increase my comfort level with adults (kids are easy, parents a breeze, but adults and adults families have always made me just a little nervous haha  weird I know)

Yeah its certainly not what I wanted...but its what I need.

I feel like a real nurse.  12 hour shifts are long.  I sometimes feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  But it feels good...it feels right.  I enjoy it!

so thanks


letter-gratitude-heart-presents_3298920-3


also PS.....enjoy a little musical snack....
judge away: I like the cover better!

No comments:

Post a Comment