Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who-da Thought??

Somewhere in Corinthians Paul mentions that he delights in his weaknesses and trials and afflictions..

I have always thought he was TOTALLY off his rocker.

But this week I have been wondering about that.

The other day I was talking to a friend who is concerned that his upcoming departure would overly complicated his desire to date another friend of mine.

Because I began a relationship 3 weeks before leaving...I have a bit of experience in this predicament.

If you had asked me last July and August if I wished Chicken Boy had never asked me to dinner, I would have heartily said YES!

But as I was counseling my friend I realized...I was so glad he had.
Obviously the relationship was not meant to be long-term.  But it was so essential for that time.

Looking back, knowing that at 9:01 it would be a race to see who would get to their phone first and call, was very comforting.  I was forced into a new situation and new circumstances.  But he was "there" to support me through it all.

He cheered me on..got excited for me.  Tried to help in every way he could.
He was the one I called when I broke down in hysterics

Today while reading in 1 Nephi I found a scripture I had marked with "xxxxx, 5/2011"  I had forgotten a scripture he had sent me on a particularly rough night.

I honestly do not know if I could have survived those first few weeks here in Columbia or of nursing school without him.
And honestly, I would not have done nearly as well on all my school work if he had not dumped me and I needed to throw myself into something!

I learned about love and I learned about being there for someone.
I was happy...sad at times of course..but very happy during a time I would have otherwise been heartbroken.

At the risk of sounding vain...I looked REALLY
good while I was dating him ;) 


So (several months later of course) I think everything happened EXACTLY like it should have and worked out quite PERFECTLY

Life is a crazy rollercoster...that I will never understand.

But what I do strongly believe is that EVERYTHING happens for a reason....and at the time when we most need it!

So...dear friend who is nervous.  JUMP!!!!!  Don't let timing stop you.  Cause everything will work out JUST PERFECTLY

No comments:

Post a Comment