Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Next Person Who Tells Me I Should Stay In Columbia

Watch out...Cause I might punch you in the FACE!

Sorry...that is mean and cranky. But here is the thing.

The past 12 months have not been happy months for me.
One year ago today, I came out to Columbia.
And it has been hard!

School is hard and stressful. Adjusting to a new place and all the stresses that come with living on your own is not a whole lot of fun.

Don't get me wrong. I have had happy moments. I've had good times. And I have learned SO much! People here have touched me and changed me.
But those moments and those times are fleeting. They don't last.

I'm young. I'm single. I have a career that allows for a bit of flexibility as far as location is concerned.

If I had a husband or kids or something that kept me here, I would work it out. I would learn how to be happy here. I would embrace my life here.
If I was in a position to create a permanent life; I would be more than happy to!

But I don't have to. So why would I stay in a place where I don't see a happy future?

Why would I stay somewhere that I always can't wait to leave and dread coming back to? Why would I stay in a place associated with so many rotten memories? Why would I want to stay in a place where people are unkind?

Like I said--if I had to work it out...I would.

But I don't. So I'm leaving.

Sorry if that breaks your heart.
Honestly--it doesn't really break mine.


letter-gratitude-heart-presents_3298920-3


PS...sorry if this offends someone. I don't mean to. I just want to share my true honest feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie--leave Columbia. Get out of here as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete