Friday, May 25, 2012

Dear People Who Are Always on My Side

Always On Your Side by Sheryl Crow & Sting on Grooveshark


The past couple of days I have talked to lots of people. Some have had my back...and some haven't.
Not that they were actively not having my back.  I think they thought they were.  But they really weren't.

And that is not their fault.  That is my bad.  I should have understood they were just trying to help.

But for me, the people I talked to who were on my side...they were the ones who I felt had my back.

If you haven't noticed...its been a cranky week haha.
Lots of busy-ness.  Lots of stress.  Not enough sleeping or eating.
I feel like that is a mantra of mine.

With all the craziness, I had to talk some of it out.
It was one of those "it just isn't ok" moments.
Some people tried to talk me out of it.  "Its not that bad"  "You are fine"  "Suck it up" and other stuff.
And yeah..they were right.  100% right.

But the four people who understood and said "yeah that does suck" "yeah you have a right to feel upset"
"no-what happened/is happening is not ok".  The ones on my side.  Those are the ones I felt had my back.

Validation is important for us all.  We all want to feel like we are justified.
Its also important to not wallow and throw a pity party.

And that's why I love phone calls with the people on my side.
It starts out with listening...followed by "that sucks"...followed by "but its gonna be ok" and "its all gonna work out...somehow, someday".

That was what I needed and I got it!

So thanks...especially to "Meredith"
You are always on my side....always got my back.

letter-gratitude-heart-presents_3298920-3

No comments:

Post a Comment