Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear Dr Walker

You have totally ruined my ability to get married!

Haha...not really.

Dr Laura Padilla-Walker changed my life.
Her 8 AM Child Development class I never missed made me wonder if maybe I should switch my major.
Her Adolescent Development class made me know I was for sure in the right major.
Her Moral Development class made me think and write and learn in a WHOLE NEW WAY!!!!
She almost convinced me to stick with research instead of nursing  (quite a feat!)

And she made it so I now can't get married. hahaha

She was a brilliant researcher....still is of course.

And while I was in one of her classes she had a study published about video games.


In this study she found that VIOLENT video games are REALLY REALLY harmful.

Now I am sure that, like her, I'm gonna get a lot of people upset about my views.  So I am going to say this upfront.  This is merely my opinion and what I interpret her findings to mean.  I do not condemn nor feel this is "doctrine" of any kind.

Here are my feelings.....
Violent video games can be very graphic and very real.
They change the way people think about life..the glorify it and make it acceptable to kill.

There is

No comments:

Post a Comment