At least I hope we do.
I'm starting the job hunt. Well, I have been working on it for a while, but now we are getting super serious about it.
There have been job applications sent out, contacts made, and feelers put out in:
Boston
Washington DC
Salt Lake City
Utah Valley
Logan
St Louis
Everyday I want a different city. Some days I'm all about Utah..somedays East Coast
When I think about money and paying off loans-its ALL about living at home rent free.
When I think about how potentially stressful this first year will be...home seems like the only option.
When I think about my lil sister in Provo...its all about SLC or Provo to make sure she is taken care of.
But then I think about my baby sister who might get kind of lonely all home alone with the rents.
Being in DC would mean I would get to spend lots of time with my grandparents and 2 of my aunts...and all the uncles and cousins related to that
Being in Utah would mean I would get to see lots of aunts and uncles and cousins too.
Utah might bring a closer connection with old friends. But that isn't necessarily guaranteed.
Boston and Logan and DC would bring a HUGE array of new friends and new experiences
St Louis I could maybe go to the family ward and turn it on its head :) Get a calling in primary or young womens and have a field day!
Boston would be fun and glamorous...an amazing medical scene.
DC would bring me no end of things to do.
St Louis has so many medical opportunities and I could have the potential to grow so much.
Boston I would be very "alone" and cost of living is HEFTY
Provo might not be the best place to go back to--it was AMAZING while I was there but maybe it would be too easy to live in the past there.
St Louis would leave me with a super lame social scene (sorry singles branch....you are just a tinesy bit too weird for me...but I would give you a shot I suppose)
See what I mean? There are SOOO many reasons for and against every place!
But really it is going to come down to who offers me a job. But what if the hands of fate go in my favor and I get more than one offer.
THEN WHAT???
Guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.
PS...
So bloggy buddies--with which city does your allegiance lie??
No comments:
Post a Comment