Its weird and crazy. Its been a long 15 months!
We've done so much together!
We have cared for patients who have passed on.
We have cared for patients as young as 2 hours old and others over 100.
We have been covered in random foreign substances of unknown origins.
In you I have been asked by a 84 year old...and a 4 year old...to be their girlfriend
With you I have felt crummy and scattered and stressed and crazy.
And at the same time I have felt fulfilled, proud, elated and moved.
Its been a crazy ride!!!!
Now I have to decide-do I burn you?
Or....do I frame you so that I never forget?
So that I never forget the patients who touched me.
The patients who changed my life.
The nurses who taught me how to be the nurse I am today
The fact that people are going to trust me to not wear these scrubs anymore FREAKS me out just a little.
But its exciting too!
Finally I'll get scrubs in fun pretty colors. Scrubs that really fit. Scrubs with more POCKETS!!! (this nurse can NEVER have enough pockets)
No comments:
Post a Comment