The various theories and reasons that have been thrown out for why we have dreams an what they mean are just crazy!
Sometimes I feel like my dreams match what has happened that day. Or what I have been thinking about that day.
But no matter what they are about...they are strange.
Either for their content...the feelings they invoke...or most common...their logic!
I'm used to weird dreams...people from church/choir showing up at school. Being at home...but its not my home.
But lately I have had more and more weird dreams.
Last night took the cake though.
I have this friend....he is the BESTEST!
We met my freshman year and got reconnected my junior year (out at the Y)
The summer before my senior year is when we got really close.
We never had a romantic relationship at all, but he has always been there for me. Has always built me up--never pulled me down. He is always there to make me smile when I most need it.
We haven't talked in a couple months... Not since I called him on his birthday earlier this year.
So why is he showing up in my dreams??
Why am I showing up on his doorstep, surprising him cause I am back in town?
And suddenly I am in this HUGE bear hug...
The showing up is not even the weird part...the hugging is!
I am a hugger...so me hugging is not strange. BUT this kid...Big Brother. NOT a hugger!!!
NOT AT ALL!!!! We have known each other for over 5 years now...and I have prolly gotten like 4 hugs out of him EVER. and they were NEVER big bear hugs that last for a long time
And then all the sudden we are chilling on the couch...catching up and he is confessing his love for me.
And not in the normal romantic chick flick way.
In a very Big Brother way. Matter-of-fact and marginally awkward. We are just sitting there next to each other on the couch...me looking at him...him staring at the wall in front of him.
It wasn't butterfly inducing or the type of dream that makes you wake up grinning.
It was just weird.
And when I woke up...my response was "That was weird" Followed by "That would never happen" Followed by "Where the flippity flip did that come from!!!"
WOWIE dreams...get a hold of yourselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment