Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dear Goodbyes

(Be prepared for an epic DUMPING of blog posts!  I HAVE TIME!!!!!!!  WAHOO!!!!)

I have never been very good at goodbyes.  People prolly wouldn't be able to tell.  I rarely cry.
Leaving my person last April-she cried...I didn't.
Leaving my at the time boyfriend last May-he cried (yeah story for another day haha) I didn't


Some might say that means I am not as sad as they are.  Especially since I am such a crier in general!
But I've come to realize that goodbyes are a different sad for me.  They aren't a tear-jerking, sad, frustrated, tired sort of deal.
They are heartbreaking gut-wrenching sad.  And that just doesn't get me to cry.  It gets me to listen to sad music and be depressed for the next 2 weeks
hahahaha

School being done means goodbye to a group of 50ish people who I am used to seeing almost daily.
It means saying goodbye to awesome nurses and staff members on my clinical floor.
Goodbyes also go out to the group of catalogers who I work with.
And not only are there all the student/university endings-but also the leaving Columbia endings.
I have had to say goodbyes to my new ward members-the ladies in Relief Society who so kindly and gently took me under their wing and nursed me back to health again.
And I am saying goodbye to YSA branch members too!  They have provided me with the majority of my happy moments here in Columbia--hard to say goodbye to that for sure!

So all in all.  I hate goodbyes.  I feel like crying....but I don't.
And so I listen to sad music.

But ready for the Pollyanna moment???
Goodbyes lead to hellos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment