Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear THE List

Alright now for a serious post.
Serious you say..arent you supposed to be a qwilly girl who says only swilly things??
hahaha sorry to disappoint!

Today I am again going to talk about lists.
So warning to those out there who hate the idea of "THE list".

I think it is important to create an idea in your mind of what kind of a person you would like to agree to spend eternity with.

I think general ideas and qualities are good to think about.
We are talking eternity here...and marriage.  This is not something to be taken lightly!

I wrote about "THE list" a little while ago

That list had a lot of "Must Bes"
There were a few CANNOTs there at the end.  But mostly needs to be was the name of the game.
Its roughly 6 months later (WOW time flies!)
And lots has happened of course (gotta love the most constant thing in life...change)

Now 6 months later I am thinking about the list again.
Its getting longer.  UH OH!!!!!  (again I say...31 or BUST!)

But this list is not full of needs to.
Its full of can'ts and won'ts

-Can't play violent video games....stay tuned for a future post about this one
-Can't joke around about dangerous things.....maybe around your boys...but not me and not my kids
-Can't make crude/rude/inappropriate jokes
-Won't use forms of bad words...its not about the word-its about the intent.  And using the first letter to express the same feelings/meanings that you would have if you had said the real word....NOT OK
-Won't tease me excessively.  Teasing is something brothers and dads and uncles do...not husbands

Ok Ok I know I am picky.
But recent experiences have made me realize how important these things are.

I am still not totally sold on the whole marriage thing in the first place.
If you are going to get me on board..he is going to have to be a good guy!

He doesn't have to be perfect (heaven knows I'm not!)
But he has to be perfect for me.
And someone who is perfect for me...is going to fit "THE list"


letter-gratitude-heart-presents_3298920-3

PS...What is on your "list" more musts or must nots???? anything I should add? Goodness knows my list could stand a few additions hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment