Sunday, August 26, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.......

I got a job offer Friday morning.

You are probably scratching your scalp, because this Swilly Girl would normally follow that sentence with thousands of  these.....   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry Writer Friend......I know you despise it when I use up all the exclamation points in the world haha)

And I'm not saying I'm not happy about it.  Its nice to know that I have a great job opportunity.
I like the floor, I like the manager, I like the patient population, I like how it would set me up for a great career.
It would mean living in the comfort of the house I grew up in...rent free (ish...I will prolly chip in for stuff).
Also St Louis is a really fun great town!

But I just don't love whole situation.  It isn't the perfect set of circumstances...so I'm just a tad disappointed.

Which leads me to the need to make some decisions.

My heart is not with this job.
Part of my heart is in Utah....with all the amazing friends I left there 18 months ago.  When I left I always pictured myself going back...even if I denied it or didn't say it out loud.  Lets be honest...I did!
The other part of my heart is in pediatrics.  This job is an adult floor.  Its hard to break into peds right away, but there are a few opportunities that I am waiting to hear back about.


The other options are not particularly promising...so I guess I don't really have much of a decision to make....

But I don't want to make that choice.
My social life is kind of a question mark here in StL.  We have a small YSA branch, and many of them are people I knew growing up.  And quite honestly I'm just not sure how it will work out......
And its not in peds.....its not where I expected I would be.....
So I am just feeling a little stuck

Here's hoping I can figure it all out!

Be Happy...Be Healthy 

2 comments:

  1. aw, good luck with the decision! being an adult can be hard sometimes...I'll pray for you and for whatever happens to work out for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you ever figure out if you were locked in if you took the job?

    ReplyDelete